Sr Staff Software Engineer | 24510
IC5 – Sr. Staff Software Engineer
What you get to do in this role:
As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer you will play a critical leadership role in the Platform Search group. We’re looking for team-oriented problem solvers, long term architecture minded, excellent communicator, deep expertise in all aspects of search technologies and search architectures with a passion to lead and grow with technologies and teams. You'll also work cross functionally to deliver innovative software design and solutions to both internal and external developers and customers with technical excellences.
- Architect, design and build highly innovative search capabilities with high scalability and quality.
- Search capabilities and technologies range from keyword search and word/paragraph vectorization to knowledge graphs and ML.
- Design and architect tools, libraries, and frameworks with long term platform mindset thinking for high modularity, extensibility, configurability and maintainability
- Lead and coordinate work cross functionally to improve architecture, developing process and mentoring junior members in the team
- Design and deliver outstanding search experiences for our customers and developers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of software research and development experience
- Passion for problem solving, software architect and development
- Experience in search engine core engineering including implementing search solutions ranging from keyword search to advanced semantic intent/search capabilities
- Deep and broad working knowledge of various search technologies and libraries including lucene, solr, elastic, word vectorization, NLP/NLU and working with both large and small scale data corpuses
- Expertise at building highly scalable frameworks for processing data ingestion pipelines, building indexing and learning models, and query/result pipelines for search processing
- Expertise in high performance index architectures and/or graph databases is highly desirable
- Experience with Java 8 or a similar OO language
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.