Senior Software Development Engineer | 20515
Senior Software Development Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer, to join our rapidly growing team, building highly scalable cloud services. The team is looking for a passionate leader, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. You will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications. You will focus on building a highly scalable and robust cloud automation suite that automates various customer life cycle events like provisioning, cloning, load balancing thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world. You will help hire exceptional talent for our up coming business needs. Your team operates in a DevOps environment and responds very quickly to incidents and providing relief to customers along side other project work.
Successful candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-motivated, capable of designing and writing high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function under ambiguity in a fast paced environment is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, together with a group of talented engineers to deliver world class mission critical systems, this is the career opportunity for you!
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience in being a technical lead on software development teams
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Exposure to DevOps culture.
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Over 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable components.
- Exceptional Java programming skills
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, REST
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Firm understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing
- Working knowledge of Linux Internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python and bash)
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.