Federal Support Account Manager | 30117
Senior Support Account Manager, Federal
Remote, DC, USA
Location: Virginia, DC, Maryland (Remote but must reside in DC area)
“This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.”
Who we are:
ServiceNow is the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion and we are changing the way people work. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design, and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We are the platform of platforms building digital workflows driving the world of work into the future.
ServiceNow fosters a collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals have an opportunity to grow their professional competencies and careers. Providing competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere, we seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet. Our success is predicated on hiring carefully, hiring the best, and celebrating our people.
- Work matters. We spend a third of our lives working. ServiceNow is the future of work and it is going to be a great place.
- People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you are an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between we want your role to have meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As part of the ServiceNow Global Support Account Management organization our Federal group provides service to our US Government customers directly and in concert with a multitude of Partners. Leveraging knowledge of customer needs and ServiceNow products and processes, we advocate for our customers across functional and organizational boundaries to streamline resolution of technical issues and product deployment challenges.
ServiceNow is seeking highly motivated and professional individuals to join our team and play a critical role in delivering world-class customer satisfaction. In the role of Support Account Manager (SAM), you will be a member of a highly skilled team focused on resolving technical issues through driving cross-functional teams and ensuring customer issues are clearly identified and resolved effectively.
You will be responsible for providing a high-touch support experience to some of our largest and more strategic customers. The SAM will be delivering both proactive and reactive services and act as a central point of contact for support related requests. Working as a support advocate, the SAM helps coordinate efforts within ServiceNow to ensure timely resolution of incidents and problems. A SAM provides regular communications by conducting service reviews, providing operational summaries and driving status updates on all open high-priority technical support Cases. A SAM should be comfortable presenting to all levels within an organization including C-Level contacts.
What you get to do in this role:
- Deeply understand customer business strategies, challenges and IT landscape. Possess the ability to deliver business value by aligning ServiceNow solutions to address the customer’s short and long-term support needs
- Coordinate internal resources, including technical and customer support, professional services and management to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations
- Ability to build credibility through action and responsiveness resulting in the perception that no matter what the issue, you are the customer’s go to champion within ServiceNow
- Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls and meetings to ensure the continual flow of information with timely updates on all open issues and on-going projects
- Facilitate weekly summary status reports; quarterly services reviews and detailed review of root cause analysis findings when applicable
- Manage, document and report on performance against service level agreements (SLA's) and where SLA's are not being met document and oversee an action plan that will result in meeting and exceeding those commitments routinely
- Review open technical support cases, problems and enhancement requests communicating proper priority and direction to responsible ServiceNow teams to ensure a timely customer satisfying result
- Understand and explain ServiceNow application, features and benefits as it relates to customer needs
- Act as an escalation point and advocate for critical customer issues.
- Manage special projects as assigned by management to meet customer and cross-functional team needs
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The successful candidate will have experience in a high tech environment - preferably in the ITSM area - working at companies with large IT organizations utilizing ITIL best practices in complex, global deployments. Your experience should also include a successful track record in support management applying strong project and task-management abilities to meet your customer deliverables. You are a creative problem solver who has the ability to lead an internal team in solving a customer issue.
- Demonstrate analysis and problem solving expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project and large account management experience
- Fundamental understanding of ITSM in large organizations
- Experience in transferring knowledge to others
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Working knowledge or ITIL incident, problem and release management process and procedures
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and fast paced environment to minimize problem impact on the customer
- Experience dealing with technical end-users in support roles
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.