Senior Linux Systems Administrator (12-month fixed term contract) | 23580
Senor Linux Systems Administrator (12-month fixed term contract)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to increase development operations within the team.
As a key member of the Systems Administration team within Operations Engineering, you will be responsible for administration and operations of the global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product.
This is an opportunity to be at the core of running a Cloud SaaS platform that scales to millions of users! The Cloud Operations team is responsible for availability and efficiency of the server infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform, while consuming and deploying products that have been newly developed by engineering teams.
Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop tools and process to automate or streamline complex maintenances.
- Drive popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues.
- Use broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving documentation.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for efficiency.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration and engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux & scripting expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- ServiceNow development experience is desirable.
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Previous direct exposure to administrating fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Some experience administrating MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science(or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.