Corporate Counsel - Public Sector | 24217
Corporate Counsel - Public Sector
Vienna, VA or Waltham, MA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding Corporate Counsel with 7-10+ years of experience in negotiating State and Local government contracts involving software licensing, SaaS and professional services to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located in either Vienna, Virginia, or Waltham, Massachusetts reporting to the US Public Sector lead counsel for Medical, State, Local, and Higher Education (Med/SLED) on our US Public Sector Legal team. The position requires a team player who can provide careful work product with minimal supervision in a very fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Review, draft and negotiate Master SaaS Agreements, Work Orders, Statements of Work, NDAs, and Business Associate Agreements that meet the company’s requirements under its policies including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the Med/SLED business team, including various executives.
- Solid understanding of and experience with State and Local government procurement processes, rules and regulations.
- Extensive experience with State and Local government contract formation process.
- Understand government contract compliance issues and develop policies and procedures for implementation of Federal/State & Local legal, contractual and compliance requirements, including but not limited to FISMA and FedRamp, gifts and gratuities, revolving door, and lobbying requirements.
- Stay up to date on relevant legal frameworks, including State and Local government procurement updates.
- Familiarity with ABA State and Local Government Model Procurement Code.
- Serve as subject matter expert for responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and other types of Med/SLED government contract solicitations.
- Analyze new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Identify contractual risks and issues and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions.
- Provide training regarding Med/SLED matters, terms and conditions and other issues to the sales, sales operations, finance, and channel teams.
- Liaise with and provide training to sales, sales operations, deals desk, product operations, field security, and other business units at all levels throughout the organization.
- Advise management on SLED government contract requirements and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the US Public Sector, and ServiceNow legal teams.
- JD from an accredited law school and barred attorney
- 7-10+ years of experience in the software and professional services industry.
- Experience preparing and negotiating SaaS agreements and other technology related agreements.
- Strong contract and legal negotiation skills and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage and regularly prioritize workload to meet deadlines and adjust to fluctuations in workload.
- Possesses a practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving in the context of enterprise sales with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to remain flexible in a changing business environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of GSA Schedule Cooperative Purchasing under IT 70, and State and Local Government procurement vehicles such as NASPO ValuePoint, TX DIR, CA SLP, CMAS, and ITS-58, etc.
- Familiarity with channel (distributors, resellers) and related practice issues.
- Understanding of various US and EU data privacy laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, HITECH, and experience negotiating Business Associate Agreements.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well under pressure.
- Common sense, great judgment and a good sense of humor.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through work with some of the most advanced technology in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.