Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial Medical and Public Sector Contracts | 29878
Job Title: Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial Medical and Public Sector Contracts
Vienna, VA; Santa Clara, CA; Waltham, MA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and pragmatic problem solver to serve as Senior Corporate Counsel supporting ServiceNow’s SaaS and professional services sales primarily to customers in the hospital and medical industry, with additional support for higher education, and state and local government customers. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position with flexibility on location for our Santa Clara, CA; Vienna, VA; or Waltham, MA offices. The position will report to the US Public Sector lead counsel for Medical, State, Local, and Higher Education (Med/SLED) on our US Public Sector Legal team.
What you get to do in this role:
· Review and negotiate master SaaS licensing agreements, professional services agreements, work orders, statements of work, Business Associate Agreements, and nondisclosure agreements that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
· Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests.
· Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
· Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
· Counsel and deliver training to internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
· Undergraduate degree and law degree from highly regarded schools
· Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar
· At least 7+ years’ relevant experience at a major law firm and in-house, with at least 5 years in-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a sales organization
· Experience negotiating agreements with medical customers, including understanding of relevant regulations applicable to healthcare providers
· Understanding of U.S. and E.U. data privacy laws and regulations
· Understanding of and experience with State and Local government procurement processes, rules, and regulations is preferred
· Experience working cross-functionally with internal organizations to resolve questions.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
· Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
· Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach
· Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
· Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and enthusiasm will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.