Chief of Staff to SVP, Global Demand Marketing | 32559
Chief of Staff to SVP, Global Demand Marketing
Location: ideally Santa Clara, CA or possibly other locations in US or EMEA
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done. We are the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world and have been recognized by Forbes as the #1 most innovative company (https://bit.ly/2LYJzRE). For us, this is just the start.
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud-based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As Chief of Staff (COS) to the SVP, Global Demand Marketing, you will work side by side, often in confidence, serving as a critical extension of SVP’s vision, leadership and voice. You will connect dots, elevate insights and trends, and generate ideas. You will be a key driver of any number of strategic initiatives and you will help shape and amplify the intent and the messaging of the SVP, both internally and externally.
This position will own strategic operations for ServiceNow Marketing, by establishing and continuously improving business practices and processes to support our strategic marketing efforts. A successful leader will have a passion for demonstrating marketing contribution to sales productivity and pipeline. The formal charter is to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness – partnering with cross-functional groups to deliver programs and projects that enable us to operate as a cohesive, integrated team.
What You Get To Do In This Role:
Planning + Strategy
- Work closely with our SVP, Marketing Leadership and other executives to align strategies, objectives and activities.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop annual and multi-year objectives that align with company-wide goals.
- Create any number of complex business case-type presentations – analyzing data, determining how best to present the information, and creating the slides.
- Be in the know; attend high-level meetings with our executive team from which you will develop actions, strategies and deliverables on behalf of the SVP.
- Work with SVP to optimize program spend mix planning & budgeting, head count planning and modeling. Requires tight collaboration with finance FP&A, HR as well as Marketing Operations.
- Drive key initiatives for CMO. These include corporate, marketing and cross-department within marketing projects. Requires defining and leading cross-functional teams.
- Drive and support operational meetings. Including Annual Operating Planning, Global Marketing & Campaign Planning, Quarterly. Business Reviews (QBRs), Board meetings, All Hands meetings, staff meeting and other communication events.
- Own programming SVP staff meetings to maximum effectiveness, including agenda, notes, actions, and reporting.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects.
- Work closely with SVP’s executive assistant to develop a process to effectively manage the SVP’s time.
- Support all executive and marketing leadership reporting requirements.
- Work closely with strategic marketing and corporate communications to drive marketing executive internal and external facing communications.
- Communicate SVP priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met
- Recommend communication opportunities.
Critical Success Behaviors
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline.
- 15+ years of marketing experience in operational & program roles in a technology organization OR high-tech/SaaS industry experience.
- Discretion, executive presence, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint, including the ability to take complex data and simplify it for decision making.
- Advanced problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Active listening skills to ensure feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up tools, systems, and processes in a short amount of time.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proven, strong team player – able to work strategically and in a hands-on fashion.
- Knowledge of the enterprise software market landscape, enterprise cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models is helpful. B-to-B marketing experience as must.
- This person should have experience in both large, sophisticated company environments as well as small high growth companies.
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.