Data Visualization Designer | 22304
Data Visualization Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Are you passionate about providing data visualization content that will be shared across the enterprise? Do you have fun creating interesting visual experiences and tables that bring data to life? If so, this role is for you.
You will be surrounded by a group of strategic thinkers in creating a new analytics content and should be comfortable with dynamic changes in role and processes. You will be building many of the strategic insights that go into helping ServiceNow track the performance of different functions across the board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Visualization Designer with Data Analytics will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate digital solutions on web applications.
The Data Visualization Designer works alongside our data and analytics team and is a visual storyteller who takes story narratives and enhances the experiences for the audience; the stories are made easier to understand, more informative, and more immersive. Sharp programming skills are required, as well as staying on top of the latest trends in data visualization. Visualization Specialists also demonstrate abilities to conceptualize and build data visualizations and interactive graphics.
The work requires experience with and understanding of responsive design and proficiency with interaction design and user interfaces; and familiarity with mining and manipulating data. A motivated, collegial work style is a must, as is a desire to learn and teach about new forms of storytelling. A strong background in analytics is preferred.
- Conceive and build interactive data visualizations; work with business to tease out the best stories to tell from a given dataset
- Break down complex, multi-part data sets into digestible pieces for audience through innovative storytelling devices that visually summarize large concepts
- Build new forms of storytelling devices to illustrate ideas that aren’t best communicated with text alone
- Keep abreast of trends in digital storytelling, as well as programming techniques
- Collaborate with analysts, developers and leadership
- Web application experience.
- UX/UI of mobile applications preferred.
- Experience with consumer application design preferred.
- Design reviews of data deliverables such as models, data flows, and data quality assessment.
- Help guide DB/ETL developers to deliver high quality solutions in an Agile environment.
- Hands on SQL/PLSQL experience to be able to potentially contribute to development of data warehouses/data marts.
- Experience with data visualization tools (QlikView, Tableau).
Education: BA, BS, or BFA in computer science, design, statistics
Experience and Skills Needed:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Portfolio of data visualizations / code builds that demonstrate strength in theory and implementation
- Strong problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Clean and analyze data using Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau etc
- Proficient with Angular/JQuery JS framework.
- Should be able to set standards, define templates etc. to promote reusability and establish standards.
- Ability to mentor team and collaborate with distributed teams is a must.
- Interact with UX designers, product owners and produce quick prototypes to seek feedback.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
- Exposure to technology development projects and the full technology development lifecycle.
- Excellent Communication and Inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Business Analysts, Project Managers and Developers).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.