Senior Manager, Digital Editor | 25709
Job Title: Senior Manager, Digital Editor
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Digital Marketing team is focused on delivering cutting edge, personalized and global digital experiences that are supported by a foundation of analytics and data driven decisions. Our Digital Experience team is seeking a Sr. Digital Editor to lead the writing strategy and a team of writers for ServiceNow.com and other digital properties.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive editorial excellence across ServiceNow.com and related digital experiences.
- Set editorial standards and propel continual process improvements. Document these in the brand guidelines and the style guide. Socialize best practices to the digital marketing team.
- Manage a growing team of staff and contract copywriters. Find new talent and foster the team’s professional development to meet the ever-changing needs of the digital experience studio.
- Write copy for the most important experiences, working with key company executives and subject-matter experts.
- Understand our brand narrative and how to match messaging to the right audience (customers, prospects, partners, developers) and to the right moment in the users’ journey.
- Advocate for the customer and the user. Work with the UX team to balance business goals with visitor goals, writing in the language of our visitors.
- Oversee content development. Work directly and communicate effectively with stakeholders and project leads to discover requirements, source information, set timelines, and secure approvals.
- Collaborate with writers in other design studios, product marketing teams, and agencies to drive consistent copy quality, voice, and style across all digital and brand touchpoints.
- Partner with the brand and UX teams to apply copy guidelines to the new design system for ServiceNow.com.
- Partner with UX content strategists and researchers to develop strategies and messaging for our digital personas, page templates, and components.
- Partner with the research team to validate specific messaging and copywriting strategy with real users.
- Partner with the SEO, analytics, and campaign teams to optimize copy and copywriting strategy.
- Write in U.S. English for global audiences, considering localization and translation needs up front to limit the need for costly rewriting later.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10-15 years of experience writing for corporate websites, ideally marketing for B2B technology companies.
- Solid understanding of website design, content SEO, digital marketing, global technology companies, IT, and SaaS-based software preferred.
- Strong people management, project management, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Digital-first style and a user-centric, strategy-based approach to writing.
- Journalistic ability to bring the essential narrative into focus, cutting through jargon and fluff.
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative, hands-on role with a seasoned team of designers, marketers, and strategists.
- Desire to work daily in the Santa Clara headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.