Lead UX Designer | 31116
Lead UX Designer
Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place.
We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do. Join our team and inspire digital transformations by creating new and compelling experiences for Global 500 companies – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
ServiceNow is a global company that builds global products. What makes us great is the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation from all backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in everything we do.
This role is part of the Experience Organization, made up of passionate people who work together to drive user research, UX and visual design, technical writing, prototyping (and more!) with the goal to create best in class enterprise software products.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead and drive UX design for a suite of products working across a team of designers
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, while providing design leadership inside a truly agile environment
- Grow partnerships with product management and engineering, providing design perspective to help ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem
- Conduct user needs assessment, task analysis, and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis, user testing, and develop usability plans
- Develop high-level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others
- Develop UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification
- Create end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on human-centered design methods
- Experience mentoring or leading designers on complex projects
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Experience working in an iterative and agile development environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops
- Expertise in one or more of the following enterprise product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal
- Experience in creating content and/or designing with compliance to WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA guidelines
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
Time Allocation / Prioritization:
Focused on design strategy, creation, execution
Focused on design innovation / new ideas
Focused on mentorship / thought leadership / growth of the team
Focused driving operational excellence
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.