Principal Product Manager | 33966
Job title: Principal Product Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
At ServiceNow, we’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a product manager for IT Business Management Product line.
IT Business Management provides end to end lifecycle for investment management, right from ideation, business case preparation, prioritization, funding and delivery. It enables organizations to
- Plan and prioritize initiatives/investments in alignment with their strategies and business outcomes
- Manage and track initiatives progress
- Deliver on business outcomes identified to create continuous value
This role requires someone who will thrive as an individual contributor as part our talented product team and work collaboratively to shape roadmap for our planning applications. The candidate should understand the market, manage a backlog, and work with technical teams to deliver features that delight our customers and generate revenue.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create market validated use cases and lead ideation.
- Interact with enterprise stakeholders, customers, end-users and prospects to gather and test requirements.
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for your product areas for short-term and long-term releases.
- Work with product development and design teams to formulate solutions for our planning applications.
- Define and prioritize the backlog of work including the creation of stories for new features, enhancements to existing features and be data-driven in prioritizing features and quality improvements.
- Be the voice of the customer, providing customer and business value perspective during day-to-day conversations with development.
- Coordinate across multiple stakeholders (engineering, marketing, customers and partners) to understand needs, manage expectations and feature tradeoff decisions.
- Work with global 2000 customers, some of the best brand names in the world, to determine needs, unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of competitive differentiation for internal consumption and competitive programs.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner, in a commercial software product company
- Experience in building simple and intuitive products that can drive product-led-growth.
- Knowledge in project management, portfolio management, Agile delivery domain and experience in developing tools/applications in these areas.
- Knowledge in building product-led
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Simultaneously do future product planning, current sprint management and drive product adoption activities
- Passion about delivering exceptional user experiences
- Passion about our products and the possibilities that come from building a world class ecosystem of customers and partners
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- Operates fluently in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Demonstrates creativity and outside the box problem solving
- Leads from the front with sleeves rolled up
- Sets a high bar for themselves, their team and for the business unit
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.