UX Research Coordinator | 30317
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and become more scalable than ever before.
We transform old, manual ways of working into modern digital workflows, so employees and customers get what they need, when they need it – fast, simple, easy. Just as we help simplify & improve experiences for our customers, we strive to offer the same experiences for our team members.
This role is part of the Experience Organization, made up of passionate individuals that drive Insights (Market, Product, Customer, and UX research), product documentation and experience design activities across the ServiceNow platform and product solutions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized Research Coordinator to join our Research Operations (ResearchOps) team and help support the strategic development of a multidimensional infrastructure that promotes increased efficiency, visibility and influence of our Insights Team. This individual will partner closely with our Customer Engagement Program manager across the customer engagement workflow. They will also play an integral role in other aspects of ResearchOps including organizational and space demands, data knowledge and management, and procuremnet of tools and best practices.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be dedicated to facilitating a great end-to-end experience for customers and partners participating in ServiceNow’s research efforts.
- Help coordinate research activities including identifying and vetting potential customers and partners for research engagements, scheduling study appointments, managing location logistics, generating research materials, assisting with recruiting efforts, and administering participant compensation.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders that own customer relationships in all research activities.
- Maintain a comprehensive research schedule for the Insights team.
- Manage a database of existing and prospective research participants including customer and partner contacts.
- Make past research available by managing the internal team and company-wide research portals to ensure up-to-date and consistent information. This also includes coordinating monthly or quarterly communications of team efforts and key insights.
- Ensure that our research findings database is always up-to-date and maintained by our researchers; generating reports and progress against the database.
- Identify and document research best practices and tools to increase team efficiency.
- Help maintain the on-boarding platform for Insights Team members and on-board new team members.
- Coordinate team logistics such as staff meetings, agendas, team building events, planning sessions, etc.
- On occasion, you may play a research assistant role by; supporting user researchers in moderating studies, taking notes, creating transcriptions, or editing videos.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations, administration, or business role.
- 2+ years of experience in a technology industry, ideally in enterprise software development.
- Have foundational knowledge of user-centered design and research practices in general.
- Experience assisting in research activities and a familiarity with market, product, customer, user experience or academic research including Research goals, processes, and methods
- Proven ability to identify process improvements that have positive impact on the organization.
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand.
- Have written and verbal communication skills appropriate to enterprise customers as well as internal communication.
- You are curious, empathetic and have a bias towards action.
- You are humble and flexible by nature and committed to advocate for the voice of customers.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have a desire to overcome obstacles.
- Curious mind, quick learner, anticipates needs, bias for action, and attention to detail.
- Have great organizational skills and attention to details.
- Experience recruiting participants specifically for market, product, customer, or user experience research.
- Experience working with software or technical product development teams – preferably Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Preferred degree (or equivalent experience) in Business Administration, Psychology, or related degree.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- Relevant work samples (e.g. process, tools, templates).
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Up to 10% annually
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.