Senior Software Engineer, IoT Distributed Systems Back-end | 25194
Senior Software Engineer, IoT Distributed Systems Back-end
This position reports to: Manager, IoT Engineering
ServiceNow is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our IoT Engineering team focusing on building a scalable, distributed processing system for IoT data.
What you get to do in this role:
- Join a small, focused engineering team that is shaping and executing ServiceNow’s IoT product strategy.
- Develop brand new products from scratch.
- Be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of a distributed system that helps companies understand, analyze, gain insights, and interact with the physical parts of their business through connected devices and sensors.
- Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Deliver quality software features, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years working in software development teams
- Strong base in data structures, algorithms and software system design
- Strong analytical skills, especially in reasoning about asynchronous data flows and communication patterns, with close attention to detail
- Experience with distributed systems such as Cassandra and Kafka
- Experience and commitment to building large, scalable systems with high quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge with distributed and multi-threaded implementations and data pipelines a plus
- Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment. Able to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A willingness to work directly with customers to investigate and resolve issues, gather product feedback, and learn about new use cases and features
- Bonus skills/experience:
- Message/event driven architecture
- Data serialization: strategies for backwards and forwards compatibility
- Message queues e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Docker Containers
- Actor Model frameworks (e.g. Akka)
- Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure
- Streaming analytics platforms like Apache Spark, etc.
- Machine learning (ML) or AI solutions and technologies
- Building CI/CD solutions for containerized services
About the company:
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.