Director, Industry Strategy | 22852
Director, Industry Strategy
Santa Clara or San Francisco, CA
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done. We are the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world and have been recognized by Forbes as the #1 most innovative company (https://bit.ly/2LYJzRE). For us, this is just the start.
The ServiceNow Verticals Solution organization is a new team, focused on expanding ServiceNow’s relationships with top industry customers through industry focused marketing, programs, and products. Highly cross-functional, this team matrixes across ServiceNow go-to-market and product teams with a global mandate to support sales success. In essence, this team is a business in a business – determining which industry specific solutions should be built, getting them built, and then bringing them to market to capture additional customer value.
As a Director, Industry Strategy, you will be responsible for helping drive both product and go-to-market strategy. You will:
- Own market trends and sizing - put together strategic perspectives on Tier 1 and 2 industries that help us better understand the c-suite agenda, how money is being spent today, and where it will likely be spent in the future
- Support Product prioritization - help us determine which solutions should be built by creating analyses like “ability to win” vs. “size of opportunity”
- Support GTM strategy and partner prioritization - help us maximize the readiness and launch activities (including working with pricing and other internal teams) to help us maximize the opportunity
- Support Executive communications - help us to always be prepared to communicate our progress at an executive level
- Collect Metrics and reporting - act as the single point of entry to the sales ops and finance teams for the purpose of collecting and analyzing internal data (GTM metrics, trends, etc.)
We are looking for a Director who is a strategic thinker, an effective influencer, has technical aptitude, and the ability to deeply understand our business. We expect this person to rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization.
The ideal candidate has a combination of strategy and market experience, and is able to thrive in high growth, fast paced environments dealing with ambiguous and often complex problems. This role is full time and located in either our San Francisco or Santa Clara office.
- Own the end-to-end work process to structure complex problems, develop clear hypotheses, conduct analyses and drive actionable recommendations through a data driven process
- Oversee and manage multiple workstreams that vary in topics and functional stakeholders
- Provide business and technical thought leadership and influence decision making within executive audiences
- Synthesize inputs, identify critical insights and develop compelling recommendations for both internal and external audiences
- Lead cross-functional teams (e.g. product BUs) to identify opportunity, unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- 8+ years total work experience with 5+ years post-MBA at a top management consulting firm, private equity, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar)
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences)
- Strong people development and leadership skills; able to manage multiple extended or virtual teams
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Expertise in the enterprise software/ SaaS industry a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.