Data Analyst, IT Operations | 24377
Data Analyst, IT Operations
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, IT Operations
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our Customer, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The successful candidate is a high-energy, self-starter with an established, documented competence in the data and operations space. You have strong experience building out actionable insights from monitoring systems supporting mission critical data for the business. You have a solid foundation in data analytical tools such as SQL, Python, data visualization tools along with an excellent statistics background (machine learning a plus). The candidate should also have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills that can partner with various cross-functional teams to understand requirements, develop, test, and deploy quickly.
About the role:
As ServiceNow continues its unprecedented growth, the company seeks to further establish its data and advanced analytics foundation and capabilities. ServiceNow is seeking an analytic and strategic thinker to be a member of IT Operations team. The Data Analyst will be creating and maintaining metrics for IT Operations team and driving data driven decision making culture. This role will ensure the company leadership and stakeholders has the right insights and recommendations based on high quality data to grow and build the operational efficiency.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead with end-user thinking, keep the long term strategic objectives in mind and the customers and end-users at the core analytics product development.
- Build scalable/actionable analytical insights to monitor the metrics of IT Operations organization (Service management, Operations management, Governance etc…)
- Work with cross functional teams to consolidate data sources across critical functions and to set up processes to triage any data quality issues
- Create and drive metrics standards and frameworks to ensure inclusion into telemetry
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor operations quality for our most critical business functions
- Proactively seek out metrics improvement opportunities to evangelize a data driven decision making mindset across IT Operations
- Become champion of operational metrics for operations team at large to drive increased confidence and adoption of analytical mindset
- Create a repository of best practices, KPIs and all known data quality issue and its impact on business
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field
- 5+ years of quantitative research/ data analysis/ insights experience resulting in product enhancements, customer satisfaction, efficiency improvements.
- 3+ years’ experience using query languages like SQL, MySQL, Python for analysis, reporting are a must
- Prior hands-on experience with BI tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, OBIEE, etc and experience in evaluating and selecting the optimum tool on a use case basis
- Strong appetite for carrying out data intensive discovery and assume pride in high degree of accuracy when delivering analytics products
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data from multiple sources using tools like MS Excel/ Access, Tableau, etc
- Experience in machine learning especially in data quality applications a plus
- Highly detailed oriented
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.