Corporate Communications Manager | 21192
JAPAN SENIOR CORPORATE COMMUNCIATIONS MANAGER
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a senior manager, Corporate Communications, to work as part of a global communications team to develop and execute a corporate communications strategy that promotes and protects ServiceNow and enhances our company narrative. We are looking for a communicator with excellent writing skills, substantive experience engaging business and technology media, and a passion and proven track record for pitching and placing stories. This position serves as an important partner to the Japan business, the broader corporate communications team, corporate functions, business units, and corporate executives.
ServiceNow, is seeking an experienced Communications professional to support and drive an integrated communications approach in Japan, reporting into APJ Corporate Communications Director, and with close integration to the Global Communications and the Japan Marketing and Sales teams. The role will have responsibility across all areas of the communications mix including the creation and execution of Thought Leadership content campaigns that are executed through Media Engagement, Customer References and Advocacy, Analyst/Influencer Relations and Social Media Organic programs.
This is a great opportunity to really create, own and drive a truly integrated program, where your efforts and results will directly impact the growth and success of the business and you’ll be rewarded for doing so.
The role sits within the Global Communications team, reporting into the Director of APJ Corporate Communications, but will have significant profile within the Japanese Marketing and Sales teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong B2B tech background and experience in either or both agency and in-house communications environments and working knowledge of media, social and customer programs frameworks.
The role is based in Tokyo and will require travel around the region and to the U.S.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop, execute and manage integrated PR campaigns that tell the ServiceNow story in a compelling way—accessible to consumers and businesses, and highlighting customers, partners and influencers.
- Work closely with business units to identify and exploit trends that expand ServiceNow’s leadership.
- Drive and manage the PR agency that support Japan
- Research, identify and pitch innovative stories through multiple channels and work with stakeholders to take this out to the market
- Cultivate and engage relevant influencers to be evangelists.
- Help support and drive the partner engagement model
- Own the ‘Voice of the Customer Program’ ServiceNow’s leading customer advocacy program
- Support ServiceNow’s annual user conference, NowForum (in Japan) Knowledge (globally), and other Japanese events as needed
- Build and lead planning for strategic programs for all aspects of analyst and influencer engagement
- Expand relationships with top analysts and influencers to ensure they understand ServiceNow’s company direction, C-level perspectives, product roadmaps and more.
- Identify, develop and manage the relationships with key analysts and company spokespersons while coordinating with product marketing, product management, engineering, sales etc. to ensure ServiceNow’s products are positioned well in analyst research reports, market share data and industry event presentations
- Assist internal subject matter experts/spokespersons in preparing content that is tailored for an analyst audience
- Build ServiceNow branded social communities and deepen interactions with Japanese audiences. Focus channels for the market include Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and Facebook.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Educated to degree level (B.A. in communications, journalism, marketing or business preferred)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The ability to support the Japanese Marketing team and the APJ Communications Director in building a strategic communication program that leverages existing global storylines and integrates localized angles and nuances for impactful results
- 10+ years of public relations experience within PR agency/ in house environment
- Track record of creating and executing impactful PR campaigns
- Experience with tech, business and social media, a background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus.
- Proven experience in developing content, including blogs, bylines, key messages and fact sheets.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail.
- Comfortable supporting and driving various agencies to deliver targeted tier one press and analyst coverage
- Passion for storytelling and identifying trends.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a desire to own projects from start to finish.
- Outstanding project management skills and resourcefulness under tight deadlines
- Creative and strategic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a global team
- High energy, “can do” personality and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Be a hands-on “doer” in addition to logical planner
Success for this role will be measured by:
- The clear planning and execution of integrated campaigns across Communications and marketing that help support the business in its growth strategy
- Delivery of tangible results and the clear communication of them to the APJ Corporate Communications Director and wider teams
- Demonstrated partnership and mutual respect with marketing counterparts in the region to deliver an aligned plan with results that help move the needle
- Clear ability to balance multiple stakeholders and deadlines both globally and locally both the global requests along with the local requirements
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at XXXX XXXX, or email@example.com for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.