Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant | 28696
Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant (Pre-Sales)
Solution Innovation - Platform Specialist SC (ANZ)
Location: Sydney, Australia
This position reports to: Manager, Solution Innovation
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant that is a self-motivated, customer facing domain expert to drive innovative business solutions with our customers. You would be applying your knowledge of platforms, technical skills and business acumen to solve real world problems for our clients.
This role is a Pre-Sales/Sales Engineering/Solution Consulting role that is well versed in architecting custom solutions to address business problems using the Now Platform. The role requires discovery of business issues and technical challenges, hands on solution prototyping and demonstration backed by a deep knowledge of the platform’s capabilities. This includes delivery of workshops and presentations at key events to drive awareness, excitement and adoption of the Now Platform.
The Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant will deliver strategic vision to executive personas at clients on the value of ServiceNow solutions as well. The candidate must be able to articulate the business value of the Now Platform, its capabilities and their relevance to our client’s problems in front of both technical and non-technical customers.
You will partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
The Sr. Platform Specialist Solution Consultant will provide technical and business expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. This senior role serves as a value consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of solution development on the Now Platform
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes for clients
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with direct field, product, industry focused and digital service design teams in a pre-sales environment
- Develop and enhance application prototypes on the ServiceNow platform both independently, and as the lead architect on a team with expert UI designers and developers
- Demonstrate to customers and prospects the experience of developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Conduct architectural and/or technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Contribute to and help maintain an asset library of applications developed on the platform
- Answer questions and provide guidance to Solution Consultants in the field regarding application customization and development
- Interact with the ServiceNow community as a thought leader on developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Contribute to programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of developing applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Scope and develop application development Proof of Concepts/prototypes with prospective customers
- Be the platform subject matter expert at executive briefings, workshops and marketing events
- Document and present technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
- Facilitate and lead workshops for customers focusing on innovation, ideation, co-creation, development and validation of solutions on the Now Platform.
- Provide mentoring to solution consulting peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Contribute to and help maintain internal forums and asset libraries to enable innovation at scale
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Presenting at executive briefings and marketing events
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a solution consultant/architect
- 3+ years of experience architecting and delivering complex solutions on the Now Platform
- Experience facilitating client-facing workshops to successfully progress initiatives into the next phase of their lifecycle
- Ability to work within, and lead, a multi-discipline team focused on delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Ability to quickly understand new technology through instruction and self-training
- Strong people development skills, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles
- Executive level presence and experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Elastic cloud, (Big Data, IoT and other emerging technologies a plus)
ServiceNow's applications are built on a platform that maximizes development velocity, and minimizes application maintenance with extensive component reuse, less integration, and the judicious use of code. It is a new, extremely efficient, yet very flexible development methodology enabled by our holistic platform.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Expected Travel: 25-30%
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.