Senior Program Manager, IT Digital Employee Experience | 25055
Senior Program Manager, IT Digital Employee Experience
Location(s): Santa Clara
This position reports to: Head of Business Operations, IT Digital Employee Experience
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The IT Digital Experience team at ServiceNow works to deliver great Employee Experiences at the enterprise level, to help them find information, resolve issues and work better. As part of the IT Digital Experience team, you will work with our employees to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help them realize maximum value of their day to day work activities.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading multiple mid and large-scale programs that support the IT organization’s strategic vision, goal and objectives. You will be responsible for leading cross functional teams to deliver program(s) and also actively contributing to the project charter and providing recommendations on approach/plan. You will manage program resources, schedules, issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. You will be partnering with Product Organizations and need to understand how those organizations work, communicate and process information.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery based on proven experience and an excellent understanding of project management principals.
This role requires excellence in project management principals, strong leadership, driving for results, operational excellence, cross functional collaboration and effective impact / influence. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about delivering value and someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality results. This role requires a critical thinker with strong problem solving skills, someone who embraces new challenges, is innovative and is a great team player. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
For your projects, you will be the driving force to:
- Project Manage concurrent small, mid and large-scale enterprise projects that span one or multiple lines of business, employing structured project management methodologies, to ensure projects are delivered per the intended business objectives and expected value is realized.
- Develop and manage all aspects of assigned projects from planning, communications, resources, change, risks and issues.
- Ensures project plans and schedules are integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy.
- Ownership of full project life cycle from initiation to project close: managing day to day project activity including scope, schedules, issues/risks, trade-offs, communications, expectations and effective stakeholder management.
- Identify and secure participation from cross-functional resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Provide status reporting regarding project deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership per communication strategy.
- Identify, remove, and proactively prevent roadblocks across team to meet quality standards, project milestones, and business objectives.
- Provide leadership for project teams by supporting and motivating team members to achieve project goals, meet expectations and deliver project milestones.
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, executives and key stakeholders.
- Establish and facilitate effective project governance including appropriate meetings, reporting, risk and issue management, assurance and project management control process.
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders and sponsors.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Recognize and articulate opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness and guide the project team to implement approaches best suited to project goals.
- Ensure operational readiness for the solution (technology, process, enablement, communication, etc.).
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Coach, motivate and supervise program team members to completing tasks efficiently and with quality
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 6+ years’ experience as project manager/program manager
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Science (CS), or related field.
- Proven ability to successfully drive and deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality.
- Understanding of and worked with Product Organizations
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicates, present and negotiate effectively across disciplines and groups, with vendors and with customers.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Strong customer focus, systems analysis and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal (onsite and remote) resources and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executive sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers. Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to ServiceNow, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Project and other project management tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detail level when necessary while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Worked extensively in a global business model.
- PMP certification a highly desired
- Working experience using ITIL service management is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.