Manager, Software Engineering | 22890
Manager, Software Engineering – Platform UX
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Sr. Manager, UX Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We are seeking a Manager to build and lead a new UX Engineering Platform team. You will be responsible for hiring a talented team of developers to build out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team will be responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies such as mobile, UI componentry, predictive intelligence, workflow & automation, and developer tools & IDE.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage application development activities in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with product management, design, support and other dev teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Manage day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Build highly interactive web-based application UIs that can scale with application complexity
- Use critical thinking skills to solve difficult and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other development teams to build upon
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of software industry experience
- Solid understanding of software design, development, testing, and problem solving
- A strong track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects
- Proven ability to hire top talent and build a productive team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.