Senior Software Development Engineer | 22239
Senior Software Development Engineer
San Diego, CA, USA (Primary)
This position reports to:
Senior Manager Service Engineering Core DevOps
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Software Developer, to join our rapidly growing team, building highly scalable cloud services. The team is looking for a passionate senior developer/technical leader, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications.
You will focus on building a highly scalable and robust cloud automation suite that orchestrates various customer life cycle events like provisioning and cloning, load balancing thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world. The team operates in a DevOps environment and responds very quickly to incidents and providing support to customers while developing cloud automation software work in an agile software development environment.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- ServiceNow Platform Experience
- Deep comprehension of VMware ESXi and VMware vCenter Server
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python
- Working knowledge of Linux – Troubleshooting, Shell, Internals
- Experience with Puppet in a Linux environment
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, MySQL, Apache/Tomcat, MariaDB
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Elk, and Xymon
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployments and support
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, REST, AJAX, XML
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of relational database principles – queries, security, data types
- Comprehension of MySQL optimization and performance tuning
- Knowledge of cloud architectural components and distributed computing
- High energy and is a self-starter with an aptitude and hunger for learning new technologies
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with security principles of access control
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.