Manager, Data Science | 33736
Manager, Data Scientist
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, Data Science
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
Manage a team of 4-6 Data Scientists as they create Machine Learning models that drive our growth even higher. Interact with stakeholders in departments across the company, identify opportunities for Data Science to enhance our business, match the optimal machine learning techniques to the specific business need, and then build the models that get the job done. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to go from end-to-end in the process, from recognizing a problem to implementing the solution, and integrating it with the business teams. You and your team will:
- Solicit requirements for Data Science models, including what data they will use and how the company will use them after they are built
- Define the variables and their structure, and extract the data from our data warehouse and/or guide specialists to do so
- Build predictive models that are accurate, robust, and informative in ways that help our business grow even faster
- Teach our business teams what the models do, what the results mean, and how they improve decision-making
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or Artificial Intelligence
- Successful project experience in Data Science in an Enterprise setting, and extensive use of methods like: regression, decision trees / random forests, GBMs, Bayesian methods, neural networks/deep learning, support vector machines, recommendation engines, k-nearest neighbor, NLP, Business Process Mining or HMM
- Four or more years of experience in building predictive models, defining variables, variable selection, and measuring model quality
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, scopes projects, realistically estimates work and drive stakeholder/end-user alignment
- Experience in model explainability, delivering model explanation/reason codes along with predictions/recommendations
- Two or more years managing a team of Data Scientists
- Expertise with scripting in R, SAS, Python, or similar tools
- Experience in manipulating large datasets and using databases, performing SQL queries
- Experience with Azure ML, Azure Data Lake, and/or Databricks
- Special consideration for applicants experienced in:
- Driver/impact analysis
- Model validation
- Software product usage data
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.