Sr. Business Process Consultant - Federal | 30102
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The ITSM Senior Business Process Consultant - Federal (an active security clearance at Top Secret / SCI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence) is required) will be responsible to develop, invest, and maintain thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to ITSM product processes, enabling product capabilities and complimentary processes in a client-consulting environment including; Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Configuration, Knowledge, and Service Level Management. The consultant will lead the design and deployment of best practice process solutions that will achieve desired customer business outcomes and business value.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design, build and deploy business outcome driven solutions focused on designing processes which solve customer problems, are repeatable, accelerate value and employ process best practices and standards
- Drives ITSM process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes. Identifies solutions from a people, process and technology perspective during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders, generating the required outputs to the level required for the subsequent stages of the engagement
- Identifying areas of ITSM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Managing and communicating ITSM process and business requirements ensuring that the proposed solutions meet the customer's expectations
- Provide guidance and deliver successful implementation of the to/be processes in partnership with other members of the project team
- Lead clients in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow functional capabilities and in their efforts to improve their ITSM processes
- Completing, developing and improving required documentation such as process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities, workshop agendas, presentations, gap analysis reports
- Ensuring process related deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
- Invest and maintain expertise in ITSM product process capabilities, features and complimentary processes
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment and maintenance of process best practices and standards
- Active participant and contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that provides mentoring, implementation support, maturity maps and continual improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through Publication Activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITSM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise and best practices.
- Provide feedback Loop into BU product teams for continual improvement of product process, OOB capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Achieve ITSM Practice and Individual KPI’s and Metrics as defined
- Juggle multiple and complex projects and initiatives
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- An active security clearance at Top Secret / SCI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence)
- Proven consulting experience leading the definition and deployment of 'to be' ITSM processes/solutions in client environments.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills required to lead workshops and customer meetings (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to ITSM sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems during project delivery
- Experience in analyzing and recommending ITSM strategies based on desired business outcomes and priorities
- Is committed to customer satisfaction and referenceability and ensures that actions contribute towards a positive experience by the customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Strong understanding and experience with leading ITSM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB and Remedy ARS
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification required
- ITIL Practitioner or Service Manager Certification preferred
- Knowledge of other frameworks such as COBIT beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology, including creation of stories
- 3+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.