Staff Data Scientist | 29979
Staff Data Scientist
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Machine Learning Data Science Team and work with a talented group of scientists and engineers to bring Data Science, Machine Learning and Intelligence to ServiceNow’s products. We work with our Business Units and Engineering teams to craft solutions to our customers’ unique problems, from initial requirements gathering, through design and test of the best adapted machine learning techniques, to production deployment of high-performance solutions.
You will have a leadership role on the data science team, exploring data across product categories, developing new models, and driving the development of new software services that help our customers leverage machine learning in innovative ways, all within ServiceNow.
In this role, you will:
- Bring intelligence to customer workflows by leveraging their individual data –
- Structured data (workflow state evolution, database tables)
- Unstructured data (utterances, descriptions, documents, …)
- Adapting to their unique and complex workflows
- At Scale: 7000+ customers with a wide range of data volumes
- Co-pilot the expansion of machine learning into new products with our product management, internal operations teams and development teams
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded data scientists, developers, product managers and quality engineers.
- Master new functional areas and take ownership of customer-critical features
- Mentor and help grow the data science team
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 6+ years’ experience in a commercial setting:
- Demonstrated ability to deploy machine learning solutions
- Proven track record solving industrial problems with data
- Experience evaluating and developing new machine learning algorithms
- Providing technical leadership to data science teams
- Strong background in statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain models in simple terms to a broader audience
- Solid software development skills and understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Strong proficiency with Python scientific stack (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, …)
- Experience with neural network-based NLP technologies (Transformers, BERT, etc.) desired
- Proficient in Java, SQL, source code control systems (git), and basic UNIX utilities
- Strong educational background (M.S.) in a quantitative discipline (Ph.D. preferred)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.