Senior Staff Engineering Program Manager | 27973
Job title: Senior Staff Engineering Program Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Join a passionate, diverse and collaborative team of people working on various ServiceNow Applications. We build products that bring consumer-grade digital experiences to the workplace. Our Apps enable work to flow for customers, employees, and IT professionals.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will be communicating, coordinating and collaborating with cross functional teams on a daily basis. Working most closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams, you will be influencing all aspects of the product delivery process.
For your programs, you will be the driving force to:
- Develop the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great product on time.
- Host regular release meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders.
- Manage external dependencies and logistics.
- Provide Agile leadership, coaching and training to Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers and functional managers and executives.
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual scrum teams in all aspects of scrum - daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, workshops etc.
- Provide leadership by example
- Develop and share best practices
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 8 years project/program management with at least 2 years of that dedicated to running large engineering programs
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Agile practitioner, working with multiple scrum teams on complex products
- Strong experience with Agile estimation techniques, working knowledge of Agile tools, etc.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS),or related field
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior communications and presentation skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
- Experience with SaaS products.
- PMP & Agile certifications
- At least 4 years of pure technical experience such as programming, systems administration, hardware/software, networking, or DBA experience
- Working knowledge of hardware and storage platforms, networking technologies, and datacenter power distribution systems
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.