Senior Staff Software Development Engineer | 22368
Job Title: Senior Staff Software Development Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, USA (Primary)
This position reports to:
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Staff Software Development Engineer, to join our rapidly growing team, building highly scalable cloud services. The team is looking for a passionate senior developer/technical leader, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. As a Senior Staff Software Developer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications.
You will focus on improving the scalability and robustness of software and infrastructure that support thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world. Working in an agile team, you will be responsible for identifying and solving issues and enhancements with the end goal of providing a better experience for our customers.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience developing and operating enterprise scale, production, web application software and infrastructure
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, REST, AJAX, XML
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python
- Strong understanding of relational database principles – queries, security, data types
- Knowledge of cloud architectural components and distributed computing
- High energy and is a self-starter with an aptitude and hunger for learning new technologies
- 7 or more years of development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in SW Engineering or equivalent.
The following, while not essential, are a plus:
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, MySQL, Apache/Tomcat, MariaDB
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Elk, and Xymon
- ServiceNow Platform Experience
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployments and support
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.