Senior Software Engineer | 23068
Job Title - Senior Software Engineer - NLU Platform
Location(s) – Santa Clara
This position reports to: Director of Engineering – Language Intelligence
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
Work in ServiceNow's NLU platform team and solve applied problems in Natural Language Understanding, by leveraging Linguistic/statistical concepts and core machine learning/AI tools and techniques. Opportunity to learn, work and contribute to the innovative and enterprise grade ServiceNow’s Natural Language Understanding and Artificial Intelligence engine as part of the overall Platform-as-a-Service offering.
Specifically, you will
- Design the natural language processing components of new ServiceNow NLU capabilities by enhancing core NLU algorithms.
- Develop/Enhance semantic rules.
- Plan to generalize, scale and integrate the model at the platform level making it available as a core feature/functionality to all ServiceNow client base.
- Monitor, support, fix bugs, iterate and improve NLU capabilities to a desired level over a definitive time period.
- Participate in data collection, creating benchmarks, etc.
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry.
- Advance the natural language capabilities of the ServiceNow platform.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Masters in Computer Science with 5-7 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge in algorithms and data structures and implementing them in Java.
- Experience in distributed systems architectures, including multithreading & concurrency issues.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment is desired.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability and interest to mentor other junior engineers.
- Working experience within product development teams is a must.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create patentable ideas.
- Working experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language Understanding (NLU) based solutions is a plus.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.