Senior Principal Product Manager - Finance Operations Management | 24694
Senior Principal Product Manager, Finance Operations Management
This position reports to: Product Leader, Finance Operations Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. ServiceNow for Finance is focused on the way work is done throughout the Office of the CFO today. Legacy systems don’t allow for data to be structured and in return, task & workflow management is not optimized, and the employee experience suffers. We can change this!
Our goal is to help our customers unlock value through process & intelligent automation. Employee productivity and satisfaction will rise -all while lowering risk. This is a unique opportunity to define and build a well-functioning ideation and incubation model within one of the fastest growing product lines at one of the largest and fastest growing enterprise SaaS companies in the world.
This role resides in the Product Organization and is extraordinarily collaborative; working across the Product, Engineering and User Experience Organizations. The candidate must have relentless curiosity, a passion for defining requirements which solve customer problems and a get-it-done attitude. The Product Manager will be responsible for defining and prioritizing customer requirements for upcoming products within Finance Operations Management product line. This person will work closely with other ServiceNow Business Units and will focus on opportunity sizing, on primary research with ServiceNow customers and on product prototyping, feature definition and prioritization. This person will drive their product roadmap and help scale the business in our expanding Finance Product Organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Ideation & Roadmap: Build and manage a backlog of customer and/or market validated ideas and requirements which translate to a clear minimum viable product with differentiators.
- Product Execution: Work with engineering leadership and UX teams to implement and deliver products. Collaborate with other ServiceNow Business Unit’s to resolve and execute on cross-team dependencies.
- Product Strategy: Work with product leadership to identify differentiated opportunities for the Spend Suite of products with a solid rationale for pursuing those opportunities.
- Product Enablement & Success: Collaborate with Outbound Product Management, Marketing, Pre/Post Sales teams, and Education Services to cement product success.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion, perseverance and hustle – very hands on role focused on helping execute our roadmap.
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Thinks strategically, fast-learning and communicates with impact.
- Thrives in ambiguity and operates fluently.
- 6-10 years of product management, product marketing, or product development experience in the Finance space such Finance Close Optimization, Reconciliations, etc.
- Profound understanding and hands on experience with system, network and application management solutions.
- Experience working in a highly agile (Kanban, Scrum, XP) environment.
- Capability to take a step back from the product and think about the employee experience
- Creativity and outside the box problem solving
- Deep familiarity with cloud-based solutions, log and metric analytics tools.
- Understanding of various AI/ML technologies and their application within Finance solutions
- Experience and comfort in building and influencing relationships across product lines and functional groups
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.