Technical Writing Internships 2021 (Technical Writing, Technical Editing) | 31022
Technical Writing Internships 2021 (Technical Writing, Technical Editing)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for our 6,200 enterprise customers around the world. In fact, we’re honored to call 80% of the Fortune 500, our customers.
We are successful because of the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
We’re e looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week internship opportunities all over the U.S. across various business functions.
Interns will participate in executive speaker series, career development workshops, philanthropic efforts, and team building activities. Additionally, interns will have access to LinkedIn Learning online and dedicated Summer Coach to further grow their careers with us!
Who YOUR TEAM is
We’re the Experience Organization! We are made up of Product UX Designers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, Design Operations, Design Technologists and Visual Designers.
Where we are hiring
- Bay Area (HQ-Santa Clara)
- San Diego
Why should YOU intern @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2020” has to say about working at ServiceNow:
- “I got to work on real projects and was able to directly add value to existing products, and see my work go live in a release!”
- My manager made sure my projects were enjoyable and challenging for me and provided timely feedback on my work in a positive way.”
- I was helped and learned to improve on my work while still being instilled with confidence in me.”
- “We had regular one-on-one meetings, where we talked about my progress and if I needed any additional help.”
- “I really enjoyed the flexibility and independence my manager gave me. I was able to be more creative and perfect my craft along the way.”
- “I was really glad to have important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks”
- “Face-to-face exposure to senior execs and having candid conversations to learn about the company, helpful team, autonomy to learn and drive my own projects”
- “I've formed relationship during the summer that I know I will maintain throughout life. Putting yourself out there and letting your ambition shine results in the most rewarding experiences”
Our internship opportunities:
Technical Writing Intern
- Creating product documentation for end users and system administrators
- Learning to author in a variety of environments, primarily DITA/XML
- Researching, writing, and ensuring the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Working closely with multiple development teams in an Agile environment
- Conducting peer reviews of documentation
- Collaborating with other information developers to produce and share content for different types of deliverables (blogs, product documentation, knowledge base, video)
Technical Editing Intern
- Contribute to terminology development in English
- Align English and target language terminology in Acrolinx and XTM (a translation management system).
- Propose solutions to terminology and grammar issues in Acrolinx that writers or editors report
- Daily responsibilities will depend on your background and may include working in applications such as: Now Platform, Oxygen, Eclipse, Acrolinx
- Create a project related to the tools and processes within the editing team and supervised by a staff editor
Who YOU are:
- Have the ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Have the ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- A Liberal Arts or Communications student with 30 hours or more of upper division or graduate school credit
- Can provide a solid writing sample demonstrating your ability to research, analyze, and apply critical thinking to a subject OR sample web pages or other multimedia communications project with a brief summary of how the project was created and the deadline for the work. (For samples that were the result of a team effort, please indicate what specific area is your original work.)
- Passionate about writing and have a strong conviction to improve the writing of others
- Explain technical concepts in clear and concise prose
- Interact collaboratively with peers from different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, opinions, and views
- Have some experience working in markup languages such as DITA, HTML, XML, or SGML
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.