Sr. Manager, Customer Communications - Technical Support | 30511
Job Title: Sr Customer Communications Manager, Technical Support (AMS)
Location: Orlando, FL, USA, Santa Clara, CA, USA (Jay Street), or San Diego, CA, USA
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication. Only US or naturalized citizens will be considered.
This position reports to: Director, Technical Support Operations
WHO WE ARE
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and become more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Global Technical Support Communications team focuses on delivering best in class services to our customers. We are passionate about the customer experience and how to leverage thought leadership, innovation, and technology to make the world of work better for our customers and ServiceNow.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
ServiceNow is seeking a Communications Service Manager to lead the Technical Support Communication team in setting and achieving its organizational goals. The team’s main goal is to deliver Communication Execution Services: Monitor & Resolution, ReachOut Management, and Exception Management for many efforts at a given time. As part of the function, the individual will manage proactive customer communications related to all key infrastructure, software upgrade, and maintenance related communications with global enterprise ServiceNow customers.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a team of communication support agents to support proactive engagement with customers related to planned maintenance activities including work allocations and performance management of team members. This role will manage a team across multiple support sites in US (Orlando, Santa Clara, San Diego).
- Lead and build an effective and highly functioning team; this includes hiring, measuring performance, coaching and resource management.
- Mentor and train a team to support maintenance projects for ServiceNow Customers. This requires good understanding of underlying ServiceNow platform and collaboration skills working with engineering and security teams.
- Working with customers to provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support on maintenance efforts related to ServiceNow platform.
- Help design an effective, long-term communications strategy to engage with multiple audiences across a variety of mediums and channels.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams, senior-level business executives and Customers.
- Drive as senior program manager and a key SME in the development of projects for customer maintenance and experience.
- Support key customer-facing initiatives while driving resolution of problems, change in strategic direction, optimization of operational effectiveness, communication, compliance, quality, systems rollout and education/training coordination.
- Assess current systems, best practices, quality, service and introduce improvements to ensure operations stays in line with growing Business needs.
- Leverage Business Architect expertise
- Represent the customer voice, Customer Experience, within customer related programs & efforts
- Coordination of Communication Execution Services across the other Geos (APJ, EMEA, HYD)
Education, Experience, and Skill Required
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10+ years of technology experience, including technical support, engineering, or professional services.
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform or another cloud-based platform.
- Experience working in Technical Enterprise Customer Support environments and/or ITIL.
- Ability to support or manage and implement project tasks/projects. Ability to influence and leverage behavior for benefit of the project.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set clear direction by defining goals and priorities and evaluate/support the business needs.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communications are a strong requirement.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, assimilates and implements new information rapidly and thinks strategically as well as tactically.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction and support service.
Key Attributes of the Job
- Strong experience in people management is desired - ability to hire competent performing people, taking responsibility for decisions and actions, manage functional responsibility and directs the work of others, and challenges employees to take responsibility for their performance / development.
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, group facilitation, and influence.
- Must have worked in a Customer Support environment with subject matter expertise in support operations.
- Must be able to quickly pick up tools, systems, processes within customer support.
- Has demonstrated experience in leading key projects, including leading strategic customer support programs. This includes leadership from program start to successful rollout.
- Demonstrates specific service and operational skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate thought leadership including developing and managing presentations.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple efforts based on needs of the business – resource planning and resource management.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.