Senior Business Process Consultant / Technical Consultant | 22464
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Senior Business Process Consultant who also has Technical consulting capabilities with a strong consulting background to be responsible for the successful delivery of ServiceNow's solutions and services, in a client consulting environment.
What you get to do in this role:
The BPC / TC will work closely with customers to demonstrate and review the out-of-the-box ServiceNow processes and analyse the need for customizations or configurations that will support the customer to-be state. They facilitate acceptance and drive business value throughout the engagement.
The BPC / TC helps customers achieve desired business outcomes, providing industry experience based on thousands of successful implementations. They close any gaps in understanding between the business needs and technical capabilities, and then define the appropriate process to achieve desired business results.
The BPC / TC acts a trusted advisor and provides thought leadership, mentoring, and guidance focused on value-based process improvement and advising on proper KPI’s to drive the next level of process maturity for our customers.
The BPC / TC is seen as a go-to person for ServiceNow's core products and has at least one specialist area where they are able to support less experienced or more junior colleagues across different engagements. They maintain sufficient technical capability and current best practice knowledge to be able to implement and administer the company’s core products with an advanced level of knowledge in at least one specialist area.
The BPC / TC acts as a mentor and guide when required by supporting others on the same engagement to discover and understand why something is the correct solution rather than simply providing answers to questions. The end result is that the mentee is able to solve other similar problems unassisted rather than having to return for more answers (analogy - teaching them to fish for themselves rather than giving them a fish)
- Lead engagements as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on ServiceNow service management best practices
- Lead business process definition, re-engineering, improvement and to-be processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Developing required documentation such as:
- Process design documents
- Workshop presentations (Use cases, workshop agenda, roles/responsibilities
- Identify areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Create and maintain a trusted advisor status with the customer throughout the engagement
- Manage and communicate service management process and business requirements to the delivery team to ensure that the proposed solutions meet the required business outcomes and the customer expectations.
- Promote continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities in order to drive the customer roadmap discussion and decision
- Lead aspects of the project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Workshop facilitation with the customer
- Business process improvement consultation
- Configuration requirement documentation
- Application UI Configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Interface with ServiceNow technical teams, such as Cloud Infrastructure, to successfully set up the SaaS podium
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team
- Support customers through all implementation phases, from discovery to UAT and beyond
- Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Up to 50% travel annually, both within Japan and International.
- Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
- Experience in consulting with clients and assistance with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems and all key technical decisions
- Proven experience in an HR platform such as PeopleSoft, SAP, Workday, etc
- Proven experience in HR Processes
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
- Business-level fluency in Japanese required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.