Staff UX Researcher | 23225
Staff UX Researcher
Location: San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a passionate individual to lead the user research activities for a portfolio of customer solutions. The individual will own the UX insights strategy partnering with Product Management for their portfolio. They will plan, execute and analyze user research to understand customer context and needs and translate findings into artifacts such as personas, journeys, tasks analyses, etc., to communicate their findings in business consumable ways.
You will be part of the growing world-class Design Experience Organization (DEO). DEO creates new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before! Find out more about us at: http://deo.servicenow.com
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered via various research methodologies from discovery through design validation techniques.
- Plan, lead, facilitate, analyze and report on various research initiatives.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed at all levels of the organization.
- Partner closely with Product Management to influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases.
- Should be comfortable with architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Product teams.
- Support design validation and/or iteration through iterative usability testing
- Identify and document research best practices and help on-board new team members
- Validate design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Leverage existing ServiceNow user groups and communities as an additional channel for eliciting feedback.
- Expect to travel up to 25% of the year
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Preferred advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees.
- At least 12 years or equivalent combination of education and experience successfully applying customer-centered design
- Experience planning, developing and conducting User Research and Testing
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, PeopleSoft)
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand
- Knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, and experimental design
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics
- Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including demonstrating an understanding of responsive web design
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection
- Demonstrate proficiency with Axure RP, Sketch or other wireframe tools
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build Insanely Great Experiences
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.