Senior Communications Manager - CRM Project | 22901
Job Title: Senior Communications Manager - CRM Project
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Company is on a mission to digitize the end-to-end sales cycle throughout the entire customer journey. This is a cross-functional, multi-year endeavor which starts with implementing a commercial Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software solution to replace a homegrown application leveraged by GTM teams involved in account management, opportunity management and sales forecasting activities. The project will involve re-engineering sales related business processes, configuring/customizing the software to meet ServiceNow needs, implementing the software and change management activities to ensure successful business adoption.
The project will be managed using Agile software development which involves higher levels of user involvement in defining, building and testing the solution. Agile methods will seek to deploy the software in smaller increments requiring multiple “smaller” go live events followed by listening/learning from users, then changing the software or processes to address problems.
In an Agile project, change management must adapt to shorter duration build cycles, more frequent “go-live” events, a higher degree of change in the software and less formal documentation. This requires continuous engagement with the project teams to identify change impacts and drive communication and training content in parallel with the development effort.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing, leading and executing an internal communications strategy for the CRM Project. You will be an integral part of the Sales Transformation Center of Excellence and will drive business outcomes by effectively engaging users and leading them through change. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage a communications strategy that aligns to the CRM program operating model and incorporates inputs such as the user deployment strategy, impact assessments, and business readiness activities
- Partner with business influencers, key stakeholders, and technical teams to develop targeted messaging and communications plans
- Devise communications that support users at each of the various stages along the change curve – awareness, readiness, and adoption
- Partner with the Global Enablement Organization to deliver the right communication, at the right time, from the right person, to the right user
- Build commitment throughout the organization by partnering with CRM leadership and delivery leads to develop and deploy an effective executive & stakeholder engagement plan, in alignment with the broader transformation effort
- Create innovative communications to reach a large, diverse, and geographically dispersed CRM user population
- Produce a broad range of communication content including presentations, video scripts, social posts, and knowledgebase articles
- Translate technical capabilities into business value statements and create concise and compelling communications that prepare and enable users to change, mobilize them to action, and excite them about our program vision
- Leverage analytics to assess effectiveness of communications plans and adjust accordingly
- Participate in SAFe Product Increment (PI) Planning events
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in communications or related role with a bachelor’s degree
- Change management, customer advocacy, and enablement is at the forefront of your strategy and delivery
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales audiences
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodology a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage communications strategies across large, multi-phased projects and prioritize deliverables with high quality and on-time delivery
- Able to work effectively at all levels and functions of an organization, to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Demonstrated ability to measure and deliver results through highly ambiguous, complex cross-functional and global teams. Flexible and resilient leader with the ability to gain consensus among others and manage sensitive situations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively to accomplish assignments with minimal supervision, including strong capacity to partner, work horizontally and bring multiple resources together to accomplish shared goals
- Excellent verbal and written communications, facilitation, problem solving, analytical, and presentation abilities
- Strong business acumen, leadership and influencing skills
- Resourceful, independent thinker with a willingness to adopt creative approaches to solve business challenges while being a strong team player and collaborator
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, including ability to illustrate concepts visually
- Tech savvy with proven expertise in digital media, content management and collaboration platforms, and VoC tools
- Driven to create new ways to reach, inform and captivate audiences
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.