Senior Analyst - Commissions Accounting | 24105
Santa Clara, CA (HQ)
This position reports to: Accounting Manager or above
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Assist with the close process for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Preparation of JEs and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform financial analysis of accruals, amortization, and deferred expense
- Preparation of monthly close package for review by senior executives
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly flux commentary
- Assist in the preparation of weekly cash forecasts
- Ability to understand business context as it relates to the commissions accounting entries.
- Ability to work autonomously with team members spread across multiple offices.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, with at least 3 years of accounting experience
- Active CPA designation and relevant industry accounting experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and complete objectives on time
- Proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Prior experience with SAP preferred, specifically the accrual engine
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Interest in a fast-paced, fast-growth environment
- Passion for learning and the ability to comprehend difficult and varied topics quickly
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.