Senior Tech Support Engineer | 28360
Senior Technical Support Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to capitalise on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- Providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situaitons.
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision.
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution.
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Basic experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
Preferred Skills(Great to have)
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform
- Good understanding of ITSM coupled with experience of working within ITIL environment.
- Strong Familiarity with some of Java Development Environment, e.g. Eclipse, NetBeans
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.