Staff Software Engineer | 25850
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Sr. Manager, Software Development
ServiceNow is the leading enterprise cloud. Our SaaS solutions generate revenue of ~$2B annually, and we are still growing over 30% YOY. We are looking for strong developers to help us build out an early stage, fast growing product.
With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Developing high quality applications leveraging the industry leading ServiceNow platform
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, and creative designers
- Collaborate with product managers and user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences
- Build rich, modern web and mobile web experiences that are accessible, progressive and responsive
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over 5 years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- Strong knowledge of JAVA, REST, XML, HTML and CSS
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience with creating enterprise software in the one of the application domains in which ServiceNow competes
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Ability to create high performance, scalable systems
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.