Director ITSM Sales | 24359
Director, IT Service Management Sales
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA; San Diego, CA
Position Reports to: SVP, Global Product Line Sales
ServiceNow, is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies with revenue over $2 Billion. Our purpose is to make the world of work, work better for people. We envision a world where anyone can create workflows that work for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done. ServiceNow has been named the most innovative company in the world by Forbes, named a TOP Company to work for by Linkedin, and named #3 on Fortune’s Future 50 List.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity allowing companies to execute faster, focusing on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our platform and products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a motivated thought leader to help drive our IT Service Management Sales. This leader must be a driver who loves beign part of a high performing team, developing strategy and programs to drive results. This role requires great interpersonal skills to work cross functionally, as a trusted advisor to both the go to market sales organization, as well as, with our product development and marketing teams. Your influence can have a far ranging impact. This is not the kind of opportunity that presents itself very often.
As a thought leader of IT Service Management Sales, you will have a major impact on our future success. While customers have adopted ServiceNow to transform their IT operations and employee experience for years, innovation in the market place is creating new and exciting market focus for ServiceNow. Individuals applying for this role must be entrepreneurial and self-driven with a passion for growing and scaling markets and creating something new they can be proud of.
As the Director of IT Service Management Sales, you will be responsible for helping to develop our go-to-market strategy and supporting strategic sales growth. You will share your knowledge and expertise to build a world class GTM team, drive market position and align with our product teams on customer outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, technical leaders and business owners to lead and deliver on strategic revenue generating initiatives.
- Lead, organize, and manage executive-level strategic planning, sales programs and operational cadence to drive operational excellence, continuous improvement and implement changes across our business in conjunction with functional leaders.
- Provide visibility and insights into forecast, pipeline and market trends to senior leadership.
- Define programs for enabling the field sales and solution consulting teams to drive IT Service Management sales, adoption and value proposition
- Help develop and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Service Management
- Partner with our Global Alliance and Channel organization to evolve our partner strategy of sell to, with and through model
- Partner with the General Manager of the ITSM business unit to build out a successful roadmap for the next 5 years
- Align as a trusted advisor and strategic team member to both sales and company executives in order to understand market conditions, customer requirements and challenges, and assist in strategically planning GTM, solution capabilities and strategic partnerships
- Influence and drive the right value model around pricing and packaging
- Establish trusted relationships with product management, marketing, global sales leadership, professional services and global alliance and channels leaders
- Strong executive presence, verbal and written communication skills
- Develop clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key ServiceNow sales, marketing and business unit leaders to achieve revenue goals. Define key milestones and progress tracking metrics & drive associated operating rigor to ‘inspect what we expect’
- Build strong relationships with executive leaders in both our customers and partners
- Drive a customer success focus and a win as a team culture
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A customer champion who can represent ServiceNow to our customers and our customers to ServiceNow executives.
- Strong leadership skills inspiring people and a passion for coaching and developing others to their highest potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills communicating and collaborating with both business and technical stakeholders at all levels with in an organization.
- Experience working collaboratively with product management, product marketing and product development.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible, able to work and thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- A passion evangelizing our capabilities and success on social media and other outlets to build brand preference and recognition
- A self-starter who will take the initiative to develop programs for enablement and growth
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-oritentation/drive – must thrive in a synamic environment working with multiple stakeholder groups
- A high degree of passion, energy, drive and willingness to travel 50% of the time
- International experience a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.