Senior Principal Product Manager | 30536
Sr Principal Product Manager, Configuration Data Management
Location: Santa Clara, CA, Remote
This position reports to: Senior Director of Product Management
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. We help transform old, manual ways of working into modern digital workflows, so employees and customers get what they need, when they need it—fast, simple, easy.
What you get to do in this role:
Despite the hype around DevOps, configuration management and infrastructure as code, we find that most enterprises still struggle to deliver changes faster while reducing risks. Our Configuration Data Management product (from our recent acquisition of Sweagle.com) is taking on the challenge of removing the chaos from managing configuration data across infrastructure, applications, and environments. It is helping customers prevent risky configuration changes from getting into production as well identifying root causes of production incidences due to configuration changes.
In this role you will lead the product strategy, delivery and go to market for the Configuration Data Management product.
We need strong leaders who are self-starters, execution-focused and passionate about delivering valuable solutions to our customers. This is a hands-on role, the ideal role for a proven product manager with strong technology background and experience in the Configuration Management domain. In this role, you will:
- Lead strategy, execution, and success of the Configuration Data Management product
- Lead customer and field team involvement in the roadmap planning and feature prioritization, gather and document market evidence
- Document user stories, acceptance criteria and drive complex prioritization decisions
- Work closely with the scrum and UX teams to execute on product features, solve complex design challenges
- Articulate the value proposition at varying depth depending upon audience types – Customers, Partners, Decision Makers, Business, Sales and Industry Analysts
- Drive product launch activities with product, field and marketing teams across ServiceNow
- Always be in research mode, study changes in market needs, competitive landscape to influence the product direction and support the sales organization
- ‘Can do’ attitude and sense of ownership to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Experience in configuration management space, cloud provisioning is mandatory
- Experience with cloud native application patterns, container ecosystem, CI/CD, DevOps technologies is highly desirable
- Experience in leading scrum teams across geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Subscribes to evidence based ‘outside in’ product management
- Leverages data and metrics for decision making
- Great communication with no BS, who listens carefully and expresses ideas clearly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.