Senior Manager, APJ Strategy | 20205
Senior Manager, APJ Strategy
As a member of ServiceNow’s corporate strategy team, the Senior Manager will support senior executives across Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) region to develop and execute high impact strategies that drive growth and improvements in the business. You will be expected to drive analysis and work closely with leaders throughout the company with minimal supervision.
Strategy projects can vary from short-term market investigations to long-term analysis focused on evaluating areas such as adjacent market opportunities, formulating strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and driving business initiatives (example include tuning of current businesses, go-to-market optimization, portfolio analysis and other growth initiatives). Typical projects require the ability to work in cross-functional teams comprising of leaders from business units and functional groups. You will also partner with the leadership team to drive business cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision making, and establish relationships with people across the entire company.
As such, we are looking for a Senior Manager who is an effective influencer, knowledgeable about the business, who can rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. A candidate must excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including: project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building and people development. A successful Senior Manager will be able to function well in a high growth, fast paced environment and will be comfortable with ambiguous situations. A combination of strategy and technology market experience is ideal.
- Work on key strategic projects for ServiceNow; work cross functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Help drive the operational cadence of various businesses and functions to drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key strategic and operational initiatives.
- Independently identify data sources and conduct research (e.g. market, customer, competitive) to understand and draw insights from key industry and customer trends provide insight to the organization
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Support senior executives in developing key presentations for internal and external audiences, including Board of Directors meetings and analyst conferences
- 8+ years total work experience with a minimum 3 years post-MBA experience with a top-tier management consulting firm, or a role in corporate strategy at an enterprise software/technology company
- In addition to above, preferred candidates will also have go-to-market operating experience
- Experience working on large strategic initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis, building business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success; ability to multitask
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Software industry domain expertise, and the ability to understand complex technology problems is a plus
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline appreciated
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.