Principal Technical Program Manager | 28220
Job Title: Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Program Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a passionate and versatile Principal Technical Program Manager to lead strategic programs within the Platform Engineering team.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive large cross-functional programs that require tight execution deadlines while also driving improvements and related projects
- Be the voice of reason, methodically working through urgent, high-risk situations
- Provide leadership and strategic intelligence to streamline current processes and create a vision for the future
- Optimize business requirements and marry them with tooling, analytics, and communications initiatives
- Create a good customer experience by looking at opportunities to improve our customer touchpoints
- Provide Agile leadership, coaching and training to Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers and functional managers and executives
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated work experience in a software development or software delivery business.
- Experience delivering and running large scale programs
- A desire to thrive in a rapid growth, fast-paced environment and adapts well to change; can act with urgency
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a self-learner who is able to make decision and keep making progress with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written. Candidate need to be equally comfortable having conversation with C-level execs, as they are with developers, architects, partners and sales teams.
- Strong project management, problem solving and negotiating skills, with proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations
- Strong leadership acumen, with ability to influence others and ensure results.
- Strong customer orientation
- Data analysis capabilities to use data to drive business outcomes and validate solutions
- The ability to travel up to 10% of time
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.