Director Operations Engineering | 23198
Director, Engineering Operations
Location: San Diego, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As a Director Engineering Operations you will be a key member of a team with a passion for driving scale, effectiveness, standardization, and productivity using strategic leadership, data based problem solving, and process improvement methodologies.
What you get to do in this role:
You will be responsible for identifying unstructured problems and opportunities, and lead the development of comprehensive strategies and solutions. The Director will need to lead enterprise wide initiatives and partner with colleagues in other teams from across the company to identify and implement organizational transformation that enables ServiceNow to meet its strategic goals and continued growth.
Specifically, you will effectively organize, lead, and facilitate cross-functional project teams, develop recommendations for innovating end-to-end enterprise processes and work closely with key senior leaders to effectively implement change. You will lead multiple projects in parallel and project manage the execution of recommendations by working closely with cross-functional partners to develop project strategies, identify business requirements, mitigate risk, develop and measure new process effectiveness, and iterate for continual refinement.
You should have a proven record of innovation, project management, and strategic project delivery with experience at a top-tier management consulting company and/or at a fast-growing technology company. You should be comfortable operating in a fast paced, unstructured “start-up” style, team-oriented organizational structure while leading diverse stakeholder groups.
- Identify enterprise wide improvement opportunities related to process or system based challenges.
- Define, plan, launch, and drive strategic and transformational process improvement initiatives using defined methodologies such as agile, lean, and six sigma.
- Create business cases and develop strategic recommendations for senior executives.
- Lead multiple projects maintaining responsibility for project management, team leadership, data analysis, strategy development, implementation, training, and adoption.
- Model, analyze, prioritize and improve processes using data driven decisions, and standardize processes where applicable.
- Collaborate and innovate with teams across ServiceNow, including Sales, Support, Legal, IT, HR, Finance, and Tech & Product.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure consistent team development and growth
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as STEM, Business Administration, or Economics
- 10+ years of related experience in management consulting, operations management, or similar position at a fast-growing technology company’
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and managing cross-functional projects to drive efficiency and scale
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in strategic project planning and implementation including business requirement generation and process analysis & design
- Experience in transformational process initiatives
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing cross functional teams
- Experience in developing strong relationships with top senior executives to gain their sponsorship and partnership
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, lead and partner across functions and teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities and projects
Preferred skills and experience:
- PMP Certified
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Six-Sigma Black belt
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.