Senior Product Manager | 22935
Senior Product Manager
This position reports to: Manager, Product Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
You will work with a tight-knit team of experienced engineers, designers, and quality assurance personnel, building the applications that define the ServiceNow platform. You will help define and mature the core platform products and your work will be highly visible and improve the daily lives of millions of our customers.
- Gather and define product requirements and draft user stories that meet the needs of our enterprise customers while introducing new and improved concepts that drive the future of working in the enterprise.
- Provide needed product direction and definition to software engineering team
- Drive triage and issue resolution with design and engineering teams to deliver engaging and consistent user interfaces
- Participate in all product and technical aspects of team deliverables, including quality, performance, maintainability, and scalability.
- Interface with other product managers and stakeholders to ensure we are working on the right things at the right time, ensuring long-term value to the ServiceNow organization and our customers.
- Gather, curate, and prioritize backlog of requirements to solve problems as presented or discovered.
- Be a voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development.
- Be a visible product expert, sharing best practices both internally and with customers.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Documentation or Knowledge Management teams to produce education materials.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible.
- The tact to nurture relationships while nudging stakeholders towards a better solution.
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful.
- Experience and good understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience with directing engineering scrum teams and influencing without authority
- Collaboration and leadership skills within cross-functional, self-organizing groups
- Emerging thought leadership skills
- Experience researching and analyzing user needs
- Proven ability to execute to plan and getting things done
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be able to travel approximately 15%
Ideally, the candidate would also have:
- Experience working with UX design resources and knowledge of user experience best practices
- Past work in software design systems
- Experience in software UI design and/or engineering
- Experience with Adobe, InVision and document collaboration software
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.