Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform | 22935
Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform
Chicago, IL (West Loop)
This position reports to: Sr Director of Product Management, Platform BU
ServiceNow has opened an office in Chicago and resides in the West Loop! This is an awesome opportunity to join a highly innovative organization that has been ranked among the top companies driving digital transformation and recently named to LinkedIn's top companies to work for in the US. We are the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company and looking for a Sr. Product Manager to come on this exciting journey with us!
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What does our platform do?
At the core, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. Over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies are using the NOW platform. ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for your employees, users and customers while transforming your enterprise.
The Now Platform is our modern Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that powers ServiceNow applications and enables enterprises to build powerful custom apps to automate processes and make work better.
As part of the ServiceNow Platform team, you will partner closely with Design, Engineering and other PM leaders to define and build the capabilities that will power the next generation of the ServiceNow platform. Success means happy and productive internal customers, and a vibrant ecosystem of 3rd party developers who are able to build delightful user experiences on the NOW platform.
- Drive roadmap, strategy and requirements that meet the needs of our enterprise customers
- Define the ideal developer experience (internal and external), understand what tools they need and create documentation
- Work closely with our diverse internal stakeholders to deeply understand and address their platform needs
- Be a voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development
- Be a visible product expert, sharing best practices both internally and with customers
- Work closely with field enablement, sales and customers success to drive adoption of the ServiceNow platform
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Technically versed in software engineering ideally having been an engineer previously with an understanding of technical debt
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- The tact to nurture relationships while nudging stakeholders towards a better solution
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful.
- Experience and good understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience with directing engineering scrum teams and influencing without authority
- Collaboration and leadership skills within cross-functional, self-organizing groups
- Emerging thought leadership skills
- Experience researching and analyzing user needs
- Proven ability to execute to plan and getting things done
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be able to travel approximately 15%
Nice to have's:
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experience working with UX design resources and knowledge of user experience best practices
- Past work in software design systems
- Experience in software UI design and/or engineering
- Experience with Adobe, InVision and document collaboration software
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.