Executive Communications Manager | 28269
Job Title: Executive Communications Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking an executive communications manager within our Corporate Communications function. This role will develop and execute executive communications and will support comms related to our talent brand and diversity, inclusion, and belonging activities. These communications will target a variety of audiences, including ServiceNow customers and prospective talent, C-suite executives, and other industry stakeholders. The position will include development of communications plans, writing for both digital and traditional channels, presentation and remarks development, and other comms support as needed.
The executive communications manager will report to the senior director of executive and brand communications. This position will work cross-functionally within the Global Communications team and with internal business partners, including members of the CEO’s staff, other executives’ staff, and ServiceNow’s Brand team to draft and deliver materials that reinforce our company perspective, mindset and positioning.
A successful candidate has strong executive presence and a growth mindset, comfort with deadlines and a fast-paced environment, and the ability to be flexible as needs arise. In addition, it’s critical that this position blend strategy development and an ability to execute, create content, and drive programs independently.
- Help develop integrated executive communications plans: Support the integrated team with strategy and narratives and execute speaking opportunities for select members of ServiceNow’s executive team.
- Support comms-related activities as part of our company talent brand and diversity, inclusion, and belonging programs. These can include, but aren’t limited to, amplification of company awards and accolades and management of our digital recruiting platforms.
- Write and develop content, including narratives, key messages, speeches, presentations, bylines, blogs and more, with minimal external support.
- Learn the voices of our executive team members and apply it consistently across their communications.
- Support communications needs for other executives and programs as needed.
- Build relationships with key internal business partners and executives to identify and leverage trends, topics and opportunities that align with company narratives and enhance our brand.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Desire to dig in and get things done working collaboratively across a matrixed organization.
- Comfort with deadlines, fast-paced environment, matrixed organizational structure and quick-growing company.
- Preference to write and create in human terms, without jargon or “corporate”-speak.
- Demonstrated executive communications and content creation experience with and for C-suite.
- Ability to advise executives on effective talk tracks, storytelling and other content around company narrative, company topics including diversity, inclusion and belonging, talent brand, and workflow experiences.
- Strong writing skills to create owned content that supports our narratives and executive platforms.
- Curious, creative and strategic approach to empowered problem-solving; collaborative, transparent and empathetic approach to teamwork.
- A. in communications, journalism, marketing or business preferred.
- 7-8 years of broad communications experience or equivalent executive advisory role.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.