Manager, Platform App Engine Solution Consulting (Pre-Sales) | 31605
Manager, Platform App Engine Solution Consulting (Pre-Sales)
App Engine Solution Consulting
Location: Vienna, VA; Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY
This position reports to: Director, Americas Solution Consulting (App Engine) and will cover multiple sales territories and focused industries including: US Federal Government, Medical/State & Local Government, Commercial, Latin America, and Canada.
We’re the fastest growing enterprise cloud software platform company in the world above $1 billion. And we believe it’s great people who will keep us there. We hire carefully, we hire the best, we celebrate our people. Come join our Sales A-team.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As a member of our pre-sales team you will have a major impact on our future success. Custom Application Development on the Now Platform App Engine is a rapidly growing focus area for ServiceNow. Since the Now Platform is now a leader in 2020 in the Garter Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms, members of this team will have an opportunity to drive this next growth engine for ServiceNow, along with support from the business unit, executive team, and sales.
As the Manager, Solution Consulting – App Engine for the Pre-Sales organization, you will be responsible for supporting the technical sales efforts managing a team of highly motivated Platform App Engine Solution Consultants. In this role, you will manage a team of Platform App Engine Solution Consulting team. The team of App Engine Specialists provide pre-sales support, enablement and demand generation for ServiceNow’s solutions that focus developing custom applications on the Now Platform App Engine. This Solution Consulting Manager is a customer facing domain expert that helps the App Engine Specialist team drive innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical leadership and business skills. This team of platform solution experts convey value to address ServiceNow customers’ business issues. As a specialist manager, your team will contribute to the development of concepts, techniques & assets that enable the regional account teams you support. You will help drive the relationship between the Platform Product leadership and your Solution Consulting leadership to ensure we are investing in the right product areas in line with demand in the field. You will make recommendations for new process and initiatives to impact Platform App Engine revenue in the Americas. You will work independently to determine new assignments to accommodate demand often acting as a facilitator and leader.
The Manager, Solution Consulting – App Engine is responsible for individual career planning and development, hiring according to the dynamic needs of the sales organization, and other administrative duties relative to team management. The Manager, Solution Consulting – App Engine is expected to maintain strong relationships with counterparts in the Sales, Services, Support, Marketing, Product Business Unit and other organizations to ensure alignment of organizational activities and directions.
Measure of success in the role
- Maintain high retention & development of key employees on your team
- Enabling the team to have a major impact into our defined accounts and industry targets
- Be recognized as a strong leader by your supervisors, peers, direct line reports and across the organization
- Attainment of quota target for your area of coverage (Americas)
What you get to do in this role:
- Hire talented presales platform specialists
- Build and coach team members, make sure they independently run their own business in their respective region
- Network with field and product organization (BU)
- Build a close cooperation with Platform Solution Sales, to collaboratively meet the needs of field sales teams
- Maintain a healthy opportunity pipeline
- Meet sales targets
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of solution development on the Now Platform
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes for clients
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with a cross-functional digital consulting team in a pre-sales environment
- Understand the needs of the regional sales organization, and develop plans to ensure outstanding support of those needs
- Develop team members according to the demands of the business and according to their
- individual professional goals
- Develop and maintain a recruiting pipeline of potential candidates to meet future business demands
- Work with regional sales directors to prioritize regional Platform Specialist Solution Consulting efforts
- Help develop programs that enable other Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of Custom Application Development on the ServiceNow platform
- Develop team members & leaders according to the demands of the business and according to their individual professional goals
- Drive best practices in sharing across organizations to enhance the quality and efficiency
- Assign resources as required to marketing events and other pipeline efforts to support demand generation
- Assign resources to sales opportunities, and consistently evaluate progress against goals
- Assign resources as required to marketing and other efforts to support demand generation
- Develop and deploy team training curriculums to meet the changing demands of the sales organization
- Evaluate team members regularly through analysis of direct observation, peer feedback and sales feedback
- Ensure proper alignment of resources and effective utilization of skill sets within the assigned region
- Manage day-to-day activities such as resource scheduling conflicts, expense review and approval, activity reporting etc.
- Contribute to programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of developing applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Provide mentoring to solution consulting peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- A high degree of passion, energy, drive and willingness to travel
- Ability to motivate and inspire a growing team of Specialist Solution Consultants
- Team management experience a must; management of a pre-sales organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to completion
- Pre-sales experience
- Experience with building custom application solutions on the ServiceNow Platform or competitive product suites highly desirable
- Able to articulate and logically communicate concepts with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Expected Travel: 50%
ServiceNow's applications are built on a platform that maximizes development velocity, and minimizes application maintenance with extensive component reuse, less integration, and the judicious use of code. It is a new, extremely efficient, yet very flexible development methodology enabled by our holistic platform.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.