Specialist, Employee Communications, Global Sales and Customer Success Group | 31779
Job Title: Specialist, Employee Communications, Global Sales & Customer Success Group
Location(s): Waltham, MA/Santa Clara, CA
Some great ideas are born in the garage. Others in a dorm room. Or over pizza and beer. Some form like the perfect wave.
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be learning, growing and striving to be the best version of yourself possible.
What You’ll Do:
As the Employee Communications Specialist for the Global Sales & Customer Success Group, you’ll help us bring to life the Employee Communications goal to deliver compelling experiences that lead to measurable engagement and leadership effectiveness—all aligned to ServiceNow’s purpose, priorities and culture, specifically focusing on Global Sales & CSG. Everything moves quickly at a high-growth company, and we’re looking for someone that can work across the many facets of the Global Sales & CSG teams. This includes collaborating closely on editorial and channel ecosystem (Now at Work, our main platform for online employee engagement, employee storytelling and best practices) and planning for events like the Global Sales & CSG quarterly All Hands (the main global meeting for all Global Sales & CSG employees). In a nutshell, you’ll support the Global Sales & CSG employee experience by creating compelling content and engaging experiences across various channels that help bring its vision and mission to life!
Here’s how you’ll do that:
- Ecosystem—Let's start at the top... our communications channel strategy. You’ll learn and help manage our internal social platform, including advising business partners on best practices, evaluating group requests, and more. We’ll also look to you to assist in documenting our ecosystem and team processes (things like the always-important distribution lists, employee demographics, guidelines for channels, etc.)
- Event management—Love creating memorable experiences? We hope so. You'll help us execute on our Global Sales & CSG employee event strategy, focused on both employees and leaders. You will take the lead to create compelling and innovative communications related to our events. And you’ll be part of the cross-functional, “on the ground” team responsible for the live experience for attendees—as well as the post-event communications that make it last.
- Project management—Variety is the spice of life. And you’ll get that here. You'll work on various projects in support of our editorial strategy and storytelling, channel ecosystem and events.
- Storytelling—You’ll get to brush up on the art of storytelling and apply that across all we do. Each day you’ll create simple, human and engaging content for a variety of employee audiences to inspire action and change.
- Audience sentiment—Data is everything. We want all we do to be based on audience sentiment and metrics. You'll partner across the team to regularly “take the pulse” of the employee population as it relates to our communications (this includes helping with our quarterly metrics report).
- Innovation—Bring your creativity and be ready to take some risks. You help us develop fresh and exciting approaches to capture and engage our audiences. For example, we're always looking for new ways to communicate across our online channels and fun segments (appropriate for the audiences) to add to our live events.
If you’re hungry to build a career in employee communications, this is a great opportunity to develop world-class communications skills and practices with growth potential across the team and business.
Who You’ll Work With:
Our team works with the Executive Leadership Team and other partners across the company – brand to regional communications to functional communications to business partners – to deliver amazing experiences to our people. We’re laser-focused, yet flexible, and are always up for a new challenge.
Who you are:
You know how to create an engaging communications experience – whether it’s online or at an event. You have good analytic and decision-making skills. Your strong communication skills help you influence others. And, you’re a stellar writer.
Our minimum requirements for this role include:
- 2-4 years employee communications experience, with an interest in building a career in corporate communications at a tech company
- Cross-functional, global project experience
- Ability to innovate and produce creative, yet measurable results
- Resourceful and motivated communicator who can independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high-growth, ever-changing environment
- Strong project manager (experience supporting internal companywide events and experiences a plus!)
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator
- Creative, visual storyteller with an eye for detail and a great sense of humor
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, organizational change, or related field
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.