Legal Counsel - Employment | 25246
Legal Counsel, Employment Law, EMEA
ServiceNow was founded on the idea that we could make the world of work, work better for people. Our mission is to create great experiences at work for our customers, and we are building a culture that delivers on that same promise for our own employees.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced lawyer specialised in Employment Law to join our Global Employment Law team to support the continued growth of the ServiceNow business in EMEA. The role will be located in Staines, Munich or Dublin and will report to the Director, Legal – Global Employment.
The position will be primarily responsible for providing legal counsel and partnership to the Global Talent Organisation and other key internal stakeholders in the EMEA region on employment law matters. This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in ServiceNow’s expanding legal team and to work on challenging legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Help us build a culture of high performance and great inclusion. Deliver business oriented, risk-based advice and counsel on the full range of employment law issues including: hiring, disciplinary actions, dismissals, complex employee relations issues, restructurings, works councils, compensation and benefits, leaves, DIBs (diversity, inclusion and belonging), and employee privacy matters. Fully understanding the legal requirements is the starting point – treating people fairly and creating an amazing working environment is the end point
- Partner with the Global Talent Organisation to create and revise global and locally compliant policies and procedures consistent with our values
- Partner with the Global Talent Organisation and Management on works council and collective employee relations issues
- Advise and collaborate with the Global Talent Organisation to develop and implement global and EMEA related initiatives
- Develop and deliver best in class employee related trainings
- Manage employment claims and litigation matters for EMEA
- Partner and collaborate with other members of the Global Employment Law team on global projects and issues
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of changes in EMEA related employment laws and regulations and industry practices that impact the business and provide practical advice and support to the business regarding the same
- Partner with the Privacy team on employee related privacy/GDPR matters
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A degree with strong academic credentials and is a fully qualified lawyer in a relevant European jurisdiction
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience practicing employment law at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department of a multi-national company; high tech experience a plus. In house experience strongly desirable
- Experience of employment law across a variety of EMEA jurisdictions, including advising on works council matters, and a desire to develop and expand expertise
- Experience of employee related privacy/GDPR matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong and deep working relationships with internal stakeholders over multiple geographical locations
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal and risk mitigation advice and counsel
- A practical, proactive, collaborative and business-focused approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and to handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously and thoroughly to closure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated a global mindset and sensitivity to all cultures
- Fluency in English; working knowledge of additional language(s) a plus
- Ability to travel throughout EMEA and to the US as needed
Location: Staines, Munich or Dublin
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.