Senior Technical Support Engineer | 24793
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location(s): Orlando, Florida
This position reports to:Sr. Technical Support Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on ServiceNow Technologies. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
- The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Developer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Advanced MySQL or Oracle experience
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell.
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent and has had a developer or database administrator role for more than 2 years. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. Relocation assistance will be considered
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.