Staff Linux Systems Administrator | 26531
Job Title: Staff Linux Systems Administrator- Fed Ramp
Location: San Diego, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As a key member of the Systems Administration team within Operations Engineering, you will be responsible for administration and operations of the global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of running a Cloud SaaS platform that scales to millions of users! The Cloud Operations team is responsible for ensuring availability and efficiency of the server infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform while consuming and deploying products that have been newly developed by engineering teams. You will be working closely with engineers and developers across the company.
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
- Identifying and addressing escalated issues toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution in both US Federal and global Commercial infrastructures.
- Design and implement procedure to accomplish maintenances with automation and tooling cannot; drive resolution of root causes with internal team members.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving documentation.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model.
- Prepare new services for production readiness with design review, feedback to development teams, and testing.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration and engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must.
- Capability to obtain a favorable US Public Trust Position
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, or similar technologies; proficiency preferred
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Previous direct exposure to administrating fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (e.g. Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.