Sr. Software Engineer, Platform Security | 25575
We are looking to hire a passionate, self-directed and tenacious individual who will become an influencer on the ServiceNow’s Platform Security Development team.
Be a part of the exciting, fast paced team that is creating a leading edge cryptogrpahy solution for our customers.
- Our team is working to secure our customer’s data at rest, in use and in transit through advanced cryptography algorithms and practices. As a Sr. Developer, you will be expected to be a leader in that that effort. You will:
- Proactively assume responsibility for quickly learning the existing platform and cryptography offerings.
- Assertively take the lead in the design discussions and decisions that will evolve our existing cryptography offerings to meet the standards and demand of the current cloud climate.
- Coordinate with company architects, infrastructure team and development to implement at scale the cryptographic models protect our customers data.
- Write robust, well tested, highly scalable, thread safe, well documented Java code.
- We are global platform and as such are compelled to offer our customers the ability to comply with a diverse set of regulations regarding the privacy and protection of data. As part of this solution team you will:
- Leverage your strong teamwork and collaboration skills and engage with other platform and applications teams to ensure all encryption tech meets the requirements of the consumers of our platform and works within the business automation structure of our cloud.
- Use your excellent knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptography to design, build and debug the encryption technology in our cloud.
- Use your depth of knowledge of AES and components (Initialization vectors, modes) to influence cryptographic design direction and inform implementations.
- Bring your deep knowledge of best practices in coding and testing and breadth of experience to be able to compare and contrast multiple approaches to large problems and organize a team to iterate with customers to find the best solution.
- Because our cryptography solution is heavily reliant on Key Management, any key management skills you bring to the team is a plus.
- We are a platform with thousands of customers running their business on our platform. Our team is responsible for the success of those customers. As a Sr. Developer you will:
- Be brave and proactive in taking on difficult customer issues with often stressed customers.
- Leverage your years of experience in java debugging, heap and stack analysis, log analysis and basic cloud and network agility to quickly resolve customer issues on live instances.
- Use your excellent writing skills and forensic abilities to craft detailed Root Cause Analysis and mitigation plans for platform issues introduced by the security layer of the platform.
- We are a legacy platform with a rich set of end points and integrations, customization opportunities and thousands of developers worldwide. Each developer is accountable for designing and implementing testable software. As a proactive member of this team you will:
- Bring your years of experience of system testing to all designs and implementations.
- Design software with network, system load over millions of records, responsiveness and error handling in mind.
- Deliver test plans, frameworks and strategies that test for the reality of load in our cloud.
- Cybersecurity is changing all the time. Our platform is evolving all the time. As a member of this team you will proactively upskill your resume.
- Continuously keep up to date with the world of cryptography and bring new discoveries to the ideas, designs and solutions implemented on our platform.
- Continuously keep up with the news of highly regulated sectors like financial and health care and be mindful of how those regulations could affect our decisions.
- Guide younger engineers in the art of keeping up to date and relevant in cyber security and software engineering.
- Our team’s work is not just about code. As a Sr. Developer on this team you will be expected to:
- Bring your years of release and project management to the organization of the team and the establishment of priorities.
- Manage small projects, taking responsibility for the success and learning of Jr. Engineers while driving to time delivery of quality products.
- Contribute to the post release transfer of information and training material to design partners, internal support and training teams.
- Address customer questions and release issues
- Keep up to date with all SCRUM artifacts, such as stories epics and tasks.
- 5+ years of experience in Java Software development
- 5+ years full stack development
- 3+ years of experience in Security Authorization space (RBAC, ABAC, Policy)
- Proven track record working with real-world cloud platforms at scale.
- Solid understanding of software development/delivery lifecycle.
- Proficiency with Java stack and JVM (memory management, performance, tuning, GC)
- Proficiency with tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git
- Proven track record writing thread safe code and debugging multi-threading issues, cache issues, memory issues
- Demonstrated leadership of teams, releases, projects
- Proven design and analytical skills that have lead at least one complex product to market.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.