Senior Technical Consultant – Cloud Architecture | 27691
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant – Cloud Architecture
Location(s): Frankfurt, Germany
This position reports to Senior Manager, Customer Outcomes, and ITOM Services
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Customer Outcomes ITx team and work with a talented group of consultants building out next generation solutions for ServiceNow’s customers. This team is responsible for the Implementation, advisory, best practices, innovation, and architecture for our customers and partners, focusing on IT solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting new technologies and features such as CMDB, Discovery, Event Management, Operational Intelligence, Service Mapping, and Cloud Management.
What you get to do in this role:
- This role is for a Senior Technical Consultant, hence, focuses on the technical and consultative aspects of implementations.
- Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Application Configuration.
- Workflow Configuration.
- UI Configuration.
- Development of required client specific reporting.
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.).
- Interface with ServiceNow development and operations teams, to successfully set up the SaaS platform.
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team.
- Prepare all client-facing and internal deliverables that are technology-related.
- Mentor field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite.
- Scope and estimate project sized in collaboration with the various sales teams.
- Lead requirement gathering workshops to identify use cases and value-based acceptance criteria.
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
- Up to 50% travel annually.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who will be responsible for delivering product implementations, integrations, consultancy and strategy which requires strong understanding and experience in Public and Private Cloud Solutions:
To learn more about our Cloud Management solution, please follow this link
Public and Private Cloud Solutions:
- Comprehension of, and the ability to communicate and implement the ITIL CMDB Model.
- Ability to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and troubleshoot network connectivity with network engineers.
- Private Cloud vendors such as VMware & automation such as vCenter / vRA / vCloud Director ~ API, Java SDK, PowerShell CLI tooling.
- Public Cloud vendors such as AWS/Azure/Oracle and their corresponding API / Java SDK.
- Workflow automation/orchestration expertise with cloud technologies.
- Distil complex cloud business requirements down to the essential project/technical requirements while providing advisory guidance throughout the process.
- Advanced program management skills to orchestrate activities across internal and external organizational units to drive time to market and high-quality results.
- Advise clients on successful product adoption and utilization, while leveraging proven methodologies, best practices and knowledge sharing while incorporating risk mitigation strategies into every project phase.
- Shape overall business and technical strategy for clients and show demonstrable return on investment (ROI).
- Consultative approach and mindset – alignment to customer objectives and goals.
- Strong business acumen and aspirations to exceed customer expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding with IPAM (IP Address Management) solutions.
- Define and manage solution architecture design and processes.
- Integration skills with Configuration Management Providers such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- Advanced analytical skills with Business Intelligence tooling/segmentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Docker container technologies.
- Exposure to working within a DevOps team and/or software development principles/processes.
- Technical understanding of the ServiceNow product/technologies and touchpoints with 3rd party software solutions is an advantage.
- Understanding of industry-standard protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST.
- Understanding of MIBs/OIDs.
For all consulting roles with ServiceNow, all applicants require:
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
- Federal projects require appropriate security clearance
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.