Staff Software Engineer | 23877
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a passionate and technically strong senior engineer to join our team, building highly scalable Cloud Automation software using the innovative ITOM (IT Operations Management) product from ServiceNow.
As a Staff Software Developer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications. The Cloud Infrastructure Development team is focused on building a highly scalable and robust “lights-out” cloud automation manageability suite that automates various life cycle events like provisioning, cloning, load balancing of thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across the globally distributed server farms. We leverage high-scale distributed computing fabric in concert with powerful orchestration logic to automate our Cloud.
Skills to be successful in the role
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- 10+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable components.
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, REST
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing
- Working knowledge of Linux Internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning
- Experience with git
- Experience building ITOM (IT operations management) software
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python and bash)
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere. For more information about the company, You can browse through http://www.servicenow.com/
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.